WELCOME TO THE 2ND TERM!

 Welcome to the second term. This time I am here due to the Art Portfolio module. I am glad that I am back because I am very excited to create, design and learn new things. 

During the Christmas break, I have looked at a couple of artists but I was mostly inspired by Lisa Jiang.

She is a young creative fashion designer with big experience in a bunch of various brands. She presents a range of different possibilities, from sketches through fashion illustrations to complete designs and finished constructions. She is currently based in Toronto, working as a designer at the Living Architecture Systems Group. She studied Fashion Design and Womenswear BA (Hons) at Central Saint Martins UAL. She worked for Iris Van Herpen, British Vogue, Philip Beesley, Aitor Throup, Mary Katrantzou and Gareth Pugh.

I was mostly delighted with her final collection presented at CSM. The colour choice and structure is very eye-catchy and extraordinary. The fact of the movement makes it doubly unique.

Take a look at the collection:




source

Except for fashion collections I also really like her drawing and illustration techniques. She plays with different tools and colours. I love how she uses watercolours in black ink drawing. The unusual thing that reminds me of her is also the frames that make the characters look like they are going out of the paper.

source





Reference:

Lisa Jiang (-) About
(Accessed: 11.01.2021)


Comments

  1. Great welcome message with some interesting work - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the use of the technology this designer has incorporated into her collection. I think it is a great, valuable research and somebody worth to look up to! I also like your description that gives me enough information to get more interested in this designer and presents her well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts