ART PORTFOLIO PROJECT: INITIAL SKETCHES

 Today, I have done six initial sketches. They are very fast and messy because I only wanted to collect thoughts and ideas in one place. There also no back drawings because that's what I need to develop further. As I mentioned in the previous posts, I want my collection to be very delicate and girly. As fabrics, I will use natural luxurious ones. I was thinking about chiffon and satin. The violet flowers will be the significant parts of the designs. They will be there to refer to nature, spring/summer season and freshness. I have explored various types of dresses and sets. There will be two long dresses, two mini-dresses and two sets of the top and the skirt. I want to add some transparent inserts and slits to make the designs sexier. I will also try to emphasize the silhouette by using cuts in different shapes to focus more on the features of the female figure.

To create the initial sketches, I have used the Adobe Sketch app on my iPad Pro and the basic templates.

Comments

  1. Good work on initial sketches - I think some commentary on these would have been good with technical terms used for the cuts and styles you were exploring here. Example: 'I have explored an asymmetrical style on the floor length dress using a thin should strap that in on trend, I have added a high legged slit feature to make this a sexy addition to a woman's summer wardrobe' I have started to explore cotton and chiffon fabrics as I think these will create the right drape across the body that I am developing - something like tis - this will help you to understand the looks, the technical terms and the fabric

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts