WHAT DO I KNOW

    What do I know about fashion design?

What should I be doing in my subject area?

I should be developing and exploring as much as I can to gain inspiration. I should be researching designers, artists, and new drawing and sewing techniques. I should be drawing, sketching and creating the final technical and journal drawings. I should be making mood boards, which may help me focus more on what I want to design. I should be looking at fabrics and finding sustainable alternatives as well as that is what the world is going for right now. I should be aware of the trends and focus on them to sell the product.

What skills and knowledge do I need for my subject area?

For my subject area, I need to know how to draw, know the proportions of the silhouette, know the fabrics and their properties, be aware of colours, know how to create the colour palette, know how to make mood boards, know how to get inspiration, know some other artists, know how to sew, tailor and construct the clothing, know how to cut the pattern, know the draping techniques, know how to make technical drawings, know how to make journal drawings and illustrations, know how to define the target market, know the current trends, have minimal knowledge about the history of fashion, know some technical terms, know how to describe my ideas, know how to present my ideas, know how to style my designs, know how to use digital software.

What jobs can I get by studying this subject?

I could work as a Fashion Designer, Fashion Designer Assistant, Fashion Buyer, Fashion Product Manager, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Journalist, Creative Director, Art Director, Fashion Event Manager.

If I scored myself out of ten, with ten being the highest, how well do I think I know my own subject area?

I would score myself 5 out of 10 as I know a lot about my subject area but more practise is here needed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts