REFLECTION TERM 2

 During this whole term, I have been working very hard. Doing research, analysing other artists' artworks and making my own ones. I was also discovering myself by thinking about my past and how it influenced who I am now.

This term, as the previous one, was mainly focused on the major project and the website. I chose the purple haze theme for my project because of the meaning of purple and the ideas generation exercise. My project was a fashion collection of 6 outfits for spring/summer 2021. I explored two long dresses, two short dresses and two sets of the bra and the skirt. I named my collection 'La violette' because of the main use of violet/purple colour and violet flowers. I really enjoyed this project, especially making fashion illustrations because I could develop my kinda architectural style of drawing which I like a lot. I think that throughout the whole process, I have found myself more and more in it. I also started to feel more comfortable while using digital software. 

During this term, I also got to know more about other artists. Thanks to the lectures, I had the opportunity to discover the work of Odilon Redon, Alfred Stieglitz, Georgia O'Keeffe and Dawid Bowie. On my own and for my project, I additionally researched Alexander McQueen, Hubert de Givenchy and Jacques Fath. Besides, I also looked at Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset, and their Prada Marfa project because of our collaboration task. I think all of these artists informed my work, and I may see their influence in the near future.

This term was a pleasure to me. I am proud of the work I have done and I also really enjoyed most of the classes and tasks we had to do. My favourite one was the collaboration with Nicole as we combined our cultures and interests together creating a very intriguing piece of art. Besides, I liked the part about improving the websites and giving each other feedback, as this is very useful. 

To sum up, this term helped me a lot in developing my skills, improving my thinking and discovering new people, tools and artworks. There is a lot that I need to keep improving but I am pretty proud of the work I have done this term. I am looking forward to doing other artworks and working with other people.

Comments

Popular Posts