ADVERTISEMENT: RESEARCH

During the Digital Arts classes this week, we were introduced to the topic of creating an advertisement. We have been shown a lot of examples of adverts to let them inspire us.

I have found my inspiration in my mind and then I did the research. I found exactly what I was looking for - Victoria Beckham Recreates Her Iconic Shopping Bag Campaign 10 Years Later

"Victoria Beckham has come a long way since 2008. Back then, the former Spice Girl was just making her first foray into the fashion industry—and she made it with a splash by starring in an instantly iconic ad campaign for Marc Jacobs. Now, ten years later, Beckham is celebrating a decade of her own namesake brand by recreating those famous shopping bag ads.

Victoria Beckham starring in the original shopping bag campaign for Marc Jacobs in 2008.

Ahead of her tenth-anniversary show at London Fashion Week, Beckham tapped Juergen Teller (who also photographed her Marc Jacobs campaign) to recreate the ads with her own brand's shopping bags this time. Coming full circle, the new images are a playful nod to her start in fashion".

JUERGEN TELLER/VICTORIA BECKHAM
"When Marc Jacobs featured me coming out of a shopping bag a decade ago it really was just the beginning of my journey into the fashion industry. It was funny and ironic and brilliantly captured by Juergen Teller. And it came out just as I was about to present my debut collection. So what better way of illustrating the story of the past ten years than by revisiting the creative but this time with my own branded bag," Beckham said in a statement from the brand. 

"It was funny and ironic and brilliantly captured by Juergen Teller. And it came out just as I was about to present my debut collection. So what better way of illustrating the story of the past ten years than by revisiting the creative but this time with my own branded bag."

"Before she recreated the iconic ads, however, she made sure to get Marc Jacobs' approval, "Marc gave me his blessing to recreate the shot and Juergen agreed to collaborate with me again which was just incredible, and him appearing in one of the images was really important to me. The collaboration with him was incredibly special and I wanted to document it," Beckham explained".

"I have always put all of me into my brand and I wanted to convey that message with these images. That I am and have been literally 'putting Victoria into Victoria Beckham since 2008'. If there was a strapline that would be it! It’s tongue in cheek but there’s a real message in it for me."

JUERGEN TELLER/VICTORIA BECKHAM

These two campaigns, both Marc Jacob's and Victoria Beckham's, are my favourite ones. They are very unique and unforgettable. I love the main idea of Jacob's campaign. I am also very happy that Marc agreed for Victoria to do a very similar campaign. She has made the refreshed version of it and I think everyone was happy with the final result. 

What I want to use from this inspiration is the motive of a big bag. I want to scale pieces of my advert and achieve the effect that I have in my mind. Unfortunately, it is very hard to describe it, that is the reason why I will show my whole process and the final piece in the next posts.


Reference:

Victoria Beckham Recreates Her Iconic Shopping Bag Campaign 10 Years Later


Published: 11.09.2018

Visited: 15.10.2020

Victoria Beckham Is Trapped In A Carrier Bag Again 10 Years After *That* Marc Jacobs Campaign


Published: 10.09.2018

Visited: 15.10.2020


Comments

  1. Good focussed research - a bit ore on how this will inform your own advert would have been useful here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts