SEQUENTIAL IMAGES: CLASS TASK

During our Digital Arts class, we were introduced to the work of various photographers to know how the sequential images should look like. Then we had 30 minutes to realise our ideas.

I was inspired by the artwork called "Woman Dancing" (1887) by Eadweard J. Muybridge.

"Woman Dancing" (1887) - Eadweard J. Muybridge

According to Muybridge's daybooks, the model in these photographs is a Miss Kate Larrigan. She was one of only a few models who had a requisite graceful bearing that Muybridge preferred for his work.

I used to be a dancer so I decided to test my possibilities and my self-photography skills. 

The first part of the work was to plan and sketch our ideas. 

Then there was the time for final work, choosing photos and creating a collage.

This task was very difficult for me. I have done a lot of tries because I could not caption the exact moment. Self-photography is not easy. I am happy how it turned out because I can see the steps and movement. I know that I have to practise a lot but as it was the first task, I think I did well.

Reference:

Eadweard Muybridge (1830 - 1904)

Visited: 11.10.2020

Comments

  1. Really nice sketches and execution of the photographs, good light and composition and sequence works well. You now need to add good research from the class with referencing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts