MAJOR PROJECT: INITIAL IDEAS

 This is my Milanote of my major project ideas. I am mostly inspired by Henrik Moses's artwork "Dancer". I want to use the theme of crumpled paper to create my fashion collection. I want to be creative and make something that no one has done before. I have not found any outfits based specifically on crumpled paper that is why my Milanote is a little bit empty. However, it means that there is a chance that I can be original. I think I have gained the perfect idea and I am going to go with it. 

“Realism is not an imitation of nature - it is a representation of it.
A magnifying glass that allows us to see and appreciate the beauty of things that we otherwise wouldn't even notice. "

H.M.

"Dancer" - Henrik Moses

This work by Henrik Moses was the first to grab my full attention. It immediately reminded me of my field, i.e. fashion design. How Moses used the crumpled card theme is amazing and very inspiring. The artist used many different pencil drawing techniques and perfectly reflected the creases and added atmosphere to the drawing. His work inspired me to create something new. 

That's what Moses says about himself:

"My name is Henrik Moses. I’m a Netherlands-based semi-professional artist, living in the beautiful city of Zwolle. I was born to Armenian parents in Iran in 1968 and moved to The Netherlands in ‘94.

Art —especially drawing— has always been an inseparable part of my life. When I was a child I would draw on the walls, furniture and even my own arms and legs. I’ve always been fascinated by the notion of creating something (beautiful) out of nothing. The joy of creation soon became the red thread in my life, on which my entire artistic and professional life has been based.

I sell my original and commissioned artworks worldwide, hand-delivering them in The Netherlands and shipping to other countries. My art consists largely of graphite drawings, followed by coloured pencil, pastel and acrylic paintings. I’ve never had formal art training and am completely self-taught.

My art is mostly photo-realistic, but I consider myself more of a conceptual artist. I use realism as a tool to convey a certain thought, feeling, or experience. Every detail and every stroke is me trying to communicate a message as clear and accessible as possible. I believe that when the packaging is aesthetically pleasing, then the viewer is more receptive to the content".




Reference:

Henrik Moses


Visited: 22.10.2020 

 

Comments

  1. Umm were you in the class? I wonder where your milanote board is - please can you do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added my milanote in the addictional post but I have changed that already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts