WELCOME TO THE 3RD TERM!

 Welcome to the third term! This time I am here again due to the Art Portfolio module. I am very excited to create more artworks but I am also worried about the amount of work I will have.

During the spring break, I have taken part in the virtual fashion show of Modivo x eobuwie.pl. Additionally, I have been following the social media of many fashion brands. Starting from small businesses with sustainable fashion, ending on top premium brands.

I was most delighted with a couple of pieces from Alexander McQueen's newest collection. The cuts, stitching, quality of fabrics attracted my eyes every time. I had been watching some of the videos a couple of times because I was so fascinated with these pieces of art.

source

My favourite one is definitely a washed blue denim swing back cropped cocoon jacket and dress with a full flared skirt with topstitch detailing. Worn with a corset waist belt. (video)

How all of the elements are beautifully finished is remarkable. Especially, that making denim clothes is extremely hard and demanding. 

We can also clearly see here the reference to the trends - cinched waist, puffed sleeves, eco-leather.

I really like the aspect of the A-line silhouette as this is the one that lengthens almost everyone and sets excellent proportions.

I have always been very inspired by the work of Alexander McQueen but this collection delighted me even 5 times more.

I am looking forward to working in the artistic field again and discovering new interesting artists.

Wish me luck for this term and have a good day!




Reference:
Alexander McQueen (2021) Instagram.com [Online], Available from https://www.instagram.com/alexandermcqueen/ (Accessed: 04/07/2021)


Comments

  1. Good start, would like to know if you are looking at developing any skills you began last term or if you are thinking of trying something out new to you this term. This is decent research so far, really like your choice of dress/jacket featured here. Consider how you might use some of this research in your set project when we cover the themes in our next session.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts