FINAL PROJECT: INITIAL IDEAS - FANTASTIC FIVE

source
For my project this term, I have chosen to go with the theme of black because the beautiful, extraordinary, perfectly tailored black dress by Alexander McQueen appeared immediately before my eyes.

The project will include four 2D pieces and one 3D piece. A 3D will basically be a representation of one of the 2D pieces. 

As I am a Fashion Design student, the project will contain fashion illustrations and/or technical drawing, and a piece of garment.

I think that this term I would like to develop my traditional drawing and sewing skills. I also want to pay attention to makeup, hairstyle and accessories.

To start thinking about the project, I wanted to write down all of the words that remind me of the word BLACK:

- power

- mystery

- glam

- sexiness

- cosmos

- night

- milky way

- black hole

- onyx

- carbon

- blue aventurine

- black aventurine

- leather

- feathers

- elegance

- maleficent

- shadow

- soul

- death

- end

- magic

- danger

- smoke

- evil

- nothingness

- snake

- black panther

- bat

- dragon

- raven

- city ​​at night from the bird's eye view


Fanstastic Five

Then, I started thinking more specifically and came up with a few ideas:

1. Inspired by Alexander McQueen, my first idea is a collection of black high-volume maxi dresses made of tulle.

2. My second idea is to make a collection of black dresses with plugged lights which would represent stars in the night sky.

3. The third idea is a collection of leather massive glamorous black maxi dresses with a perfectly underlined neckline, decolletage, shoulders and waist, and super long train.

4. My fourth idea is a collection of black dresses with specifically pleated bottoms that when spinning around they make a perfect circle on which we can see a milky way.

5. My last idea is a collection of dresses representing specific animals which I thought about while considering the black colour. Each of the dresses would be one animal - bat, panther, snake, dragon and raven.

Comments

  1. The last two ideas are particularly interesting, although I'm interested in how you realise number 4. Perhaps you could find a way of incorporating idea number 2 as well, particularly in the 3D piece it would be good to see you adding an element that was more unorthodox.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts