CLASS TASK: FASHION ILLUSTRATIONS

 During the class today, we have been working on fashion illustrations.

We started by training in drawing the models.

This is the first one, a basic silhouette made of 9 heads.

This is the second drawing, 4 poses made from referenced pictures.

Then, in our study time, we had to trace the sketches to make the templates.



And next, using the templates, draw outfits over them. I decided to draw those from the reference pictures.

I also added a little bit of colour.


I do not really like the final outcome. However, I like the models and templates I created. The colourful lines are a bit ruff. Especially, with the first one. Male silhouettes look there much better.

The last task to do with the templates was to draw over them again. This time we had to work with colours without using a pencil. The pencil should be used at the end to add a contour to the silhouette. This is how it turned out. I worked on two outfits using pastels and added a bit of detail using an ink pen.



I really like the final outcome as this is my style of drawing I have been developing for years. With the male outfit, I don't really know what happened with the arm on the right... I think I should have focused more on what I was drawing as it does not look good. Overall, I like how these illustrations turned out.

Comments

  1. Some tips would be to work very quickly with the original sketches, constantly referring back to your source image you are working from. Then once you have worked through that process (and you are more used to working from the image) you will be more confident about the proportion and pose you are looking at.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts