FINAL PROJECT: BOTTOM/SKIRT IDEA & PATTERN

 To begin with, I started by making a quick sketch of my idea for the bottom part of my project.

What I want to make is an adjustable skirt. The waistband will be fastened with snaps one centimetre apart. The length of the skirt will be available in 3 options: mini, midi and maxi. The parts will also be connected with snaps.

(sketches are illustrative)

You may wonder why I am making it that complex. I want it to be as wearable as possible and not to hang in the closet for ages.

The snaps will be covered with tissue-shaped layers of tulle of 2 lengths.

And additionally, I will sew high waisted pants to wear under the skirt.

As always, to create this piece, I will need a pattern. I was thinking about basing it on the one I have in my Burda magazines. However, I decided to choose a different way. I will use one of my skirts as a base because I want it to also be in the A-shape.

This is how I created the pattern for the shortest part.

Firstly, I took one of my skirts and outlined it.

Next, I corrected the outline and cut out the pattern.

It turned out to be a little bit too flared. So, I decided to take a different skirt and narrow the pattern.


And it turned out as I wanted.

For the longer parts of the skirt, I will extend the appropriate sides. (already on the chosen fabric)

So, this is how the final pattern for the bottom looks like.

Comments

Popular Posts