FINAL PROJECT: CORSET TOP IDEA & PATTERN

 A corset is one of the hardest element to sew. So why not try? 

I watched tens of youtube videos and visited hundreds of website to get the idea of how to make a corset.

I mostly based on this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAZvVN45x6Q as it was the closest to my idea. 

These are the two options of corsets that I could create. To not make it even more difficult, I decided to go with the first option.

Underbust corset with personalised dragon wing-shaped bra top. Still, sounds demanding, right?

I will construct the bra top by myself and attach it to the underbust corset.

For the corset, I used the pattern given in the video.

I printed it and drew it again on a piece of paper.

I need all of the pieces x2 or even x4, depending on if I will do it from one or two layers of fabric.

For the bra top, I had to make a custom pattern.

To do that. I used the bra that fits me well to have perfect measurements. 

I started by drawing my idea.

Then, I crumpled the paper to make it more flexible and then pinned it to the bra.

Next, I drew on it the shape I want to achieve.

I pinned the paper off, corrected the outline with a marker and cut out the shape.

I tried it on the mannequin if it looks as I wished.

And therefore, I got a pattern for the top part of my dress/two-piece.

I am aware that paper is not fabric so it may look a bit different. However, I think it will turn out pleasingly.

Comments

  1. Good process - will make more comments on this during the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts