FINAL PROJECT: SHOPPING FOR MATERIALS

 The essential part of my project is shopping for materials. For the 3D piece that I am having in my mind, I need a lot of them. ( It is a partly changed 4th 2D design)

The first part of the shopping was to go buy fabrics.

I have visited my friend's dad fabric wholesaler. I felt like in heaven. I went out with 21 meters of black fabrics.

The first fabric is viscose with linen which I will be using for the parts that will have direct contact with skin. Two other fabrics will be used for adding volume and details to the dress. For this part, I have chosen tulle with small velvet dots and luminous mesh glued to a smooth black, slippery material.


The next step is to buy all of the other materials that I am missing. 

- trimming, lace, eyelets, underwire, latches, press studs, tapes, fabric glue

To buy these things I also visited the wholesaler but of tailor accessories.

I went out with everything I needed.

Comments

  1. This is really exciting - looking forward to seeing some follow ups with process. Which are the other two fabrics that you are intending to use alongside the ones you have already?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts