FINAL PROJECT: PROJECT DEVELOPMENT

 Our next task class was to develop one of our 2D pieces.

We were said to make 5 sketches and then another 5 more and scale the piece, change colours etc.

I decided to focus on the one that mostly refers to the 16th and 17th century.

I have firstly sketched some ideas for the top part, especially the sleeves. Then, I scaled the ones that I liked the most. I have also drawn the bottom connected with one of the tops.

Therefore, I finished with 10 sketches of one of my pieces. I will use it as a deeper idea for the final outcome.

This is how the sketches turned out:


This piece is a combination of futuristic and 16th and 17th century. This kind of corset with the triangular bottom is especially what reminds me of the past times. Also, the 3rd option of the sleeves kinda refers to it. The bottom will be made of layers of fabric to add volume and dramatise the dress. The connection between futurism and past centuries will be clearly seen. This is going to be a modern version of a 16th-century gown made of contemporary materials and lights.

Comments

  1. The sleeves and the waist are a good reference to 'traditional' design - could you elongate the skirt or think about more jagged shapes that suggests a futuristic element. There is still something traditional about the design overall. Would like to see development of this idea over the upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts