FINAL PROJECT: FABRICS & COLOUR PALETTE

 In this post, I would like to show you my colour palette and fabrics. I have chosen them for my final project because of the theme and combination of futurism and traditional fashion.

Because of the theme - ultimate black - the colour palette is definitely super simple. 

The only colour chosen by me is 'Black C' and this is actually the entire colour palette. 

(Pantone panel created in Pantone app based on my designs)

In my opinion, black is such a powerful colour. I really wanted to use it as it is dramatic and merges all the ages. It is classy but can also be sexy and dangerous. In 16th and 17th century it was a representation of power and respectability. 

The only disadvantage of black fabrics especially is that it is pretty hard to show the volume and shapes of the specific elements. Black fabric may merge and does not allow the light to reflect so the angles may fade away.

To prevent this, I decided on specific fabrics.

Except for the plain viscose with linen, I have chosen these two fabrics. The first one is super shiny and beautifully reflects the light allowing seeing the volume shapes of the fabric. The second one is a tulle with small velvet dots. I am sure about using the shiny fabric for the top part of the dress but I don't know yet about the bottom. It will probably turn out not using one of the fabrics at all.

In a further post, I will summarise the 2D designs with the colour palette, fabrics, titles and short descriptions.



Comments

  1. Although black is your colour palette, there are variations within all of your materials due to the nature of their surfaces and what makes them up. Therefore it would be good to see you recognise that and what that does to your overall design for both 2D and 3D work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts